Monday, March 14, 2011

My Jam List-Uno

I am always looking for great new tunes to help me get motivated & stay motivated during my workout. I've decided to share a few of them in hopes to help get you motivated. Here are some songs that are currently helping me burn the calories. (not in any particular order)


FOR RUNNING

"Rolling in the Deep" Adele This isn't your traditional workout song. However, It's about being pissed after ending it with a guy. Which is a great song to work out any aggression you have. And not to mention, Adele has an amazing voice!

"On the Floor" Jennifer Lopez It's hard not to jump off the treadmill and start dancing to this one.

"Born This Way" Lady Gaga Ok, this song may be about a few controversial subjects but it's a fun song to listen to and makes you wanna keep running. It reminds me of something Madonna would perform.

"Fader" & "The Science of Fear" The Temper Trap Probably the BEST two songs to listen to if you are going for a run outside. LOVE THEM!

"Till the World ends" Britiney Spears I understand that I take the risk of you questioning my credibility by placing this on my list because Britiney as a person kinda sucks. However, I will give her a little credit for this song. But only a little. No matter how much I like this song...she still sucks at life.

"Breathe Me" Sia Perfect for when you wanna run to a STRONG mellow song.

"Sex on Fire" Kings of Leon One word Amazing. If this doesn't get you motivated to move, just give up. There's no hope for you. Ha!

"We Break the Dawn" Michelle Williams This song is kind of clubbie, but it pumps you up on the tread when you need it.

"Hologram" Katie Herzig Good song for running intervals.

ELLIPTICAL JAMS

"The Cave" or "Little Lion Man" Mumford & Sons Both of these songs are a little too slow for running but have a fabulous beat, which I have found is perfect for the elliptical machine. Try it, it's crazy how well the beat matches your strides.

"Sombody to Love" Justin Beiber Again, running the risk of you thinking I'm crazy. Justin B may only be 16 but he knows how to get us moving.

"Sweet Disposition" The Temper Trap This may be my FAVORITE song to burn calories on the elliptical to. Check it out...it will change your life.

"Electric Feel" MGMT Great band and great song to pass the time on the good ole elliptical.

FREE MOTION MACHINES

"Higher" Tao Cruz Good song to listen to while working on the free motion machines.

"Something Good Can Work" Two Door Cinema Great song to rock out to on the free motion ab machine.

"Sleepyhead" Passion Pit Another good song for either the elliptical or free motion.

"Ambling Alp" Yeasayer Love this song. Love this song in my car. Love this song at work. And yes, I love this song at the gym.

WARM UP/COOL DOWN

"I Run to You" Lady Antebellum Listen to for a warm up jog.

"Closer" Kings of Leon Another good choice for a cool down.

"The Greatest" Cat Power Excellent for catching your breath.


And finally, last but not least. Drum roll please...

"Life" Becka Shae This is THE song that I play close to the end of my run or any other workout when I need a push to make it a little further. It is perfect for giving you the last bit of energy you may need.

A Wanna Be Skinny


p.s. Suggestions for new jams are welcome. :)

1 comment:

  1. Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
    So What by Pink
    Dynamite by Taio Cruz
    Right Round by FloRida

    ReplyDelete